Saturday, August 27, 2016

Birthday Layout using the Memory MISTI!

Hello Scrappers!

We're hooked on using our Memory Misti to make our own background papers for our layouts! We used our 12x12 Misti and a balloon stamp to create a birthday rainbow!

Here's the layout!



Here's how I made it! 

I placed a 12x12 sheet of white cardstock in my Memory Misti. I thought balloons would be a great stamp for a birthday layout. This stamp is by Forever in Time.

Starting in the top right corner, I drew a very light pencil line to the bottom left corner. This way I knew that on one side of the line I needed to stamp pink, orange and yellow. On the other side would be green, blue purple. 

In the top left corner I started stamping the balloon in pink, then orange. 


The Misti, leaves a bit of room to stamp around the edge of your paper, which makes it super easy to stamp off the edge a bit. 

I continued down the page, changing colours as needed. 


Once I reached my pencil line, I erased it, and knew it was time to start the green balloons. 

I needed to rotate my cardstock in order to have more room at the edge for the stamp to stick to the Misti. There is a bit more give along the hinge side of the Misti, so I rotated toward that side. 



Before long, the entire page had been stamped in rainbow balloons!



I trimmed 1 inch off of each edge, and cut the cardstock into 4 equal sized squares. 


I chose a sheet of navy blue cardstock for the background, so it would really make the bright colours pop. The frame still seemed a bit unfinished, so I grabbed the twine to create a border. 

I marked the corners using a pencil. Using a hole punch, I punched holes to thread the twine through. I ran the twine through the holes, and taped it to the back of the layout. I'll cover the holes later with an enamel dot. 


The finished border:


I adhered the balloon stamped cardstock squares to the background, and added a photo and title. I used adhesive rainbow enamel dots to cover the holes from the twine. 

Here's the finished layout again!




Layouts that include a lot of stamping are definitely a labour of love, but so worth it in the end! 


Thanks for looking!

Lori
xo

1 comment:

  1. Amazing layout! Can't wait to try it out for our Grandkids' Birthday pages. Really like the technique for adding twine border. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete